- British Society of Gastroenterology www.bsg.org.uk
- Joint Advisory Group on Gastrointestinal Endoscopyhttp://www.thejag.org.uk/
- Trainees in Gastroenterology (TiG) was founded in 1987 as an informal association for senior registrars in gastroenterology. Following the Calman reforms in 1997, TiG membership increased dramatically to encompass all specialist registrars in gastroenterology and now has over 450 members.
- Digestive Diseases Week www.ddw.org The website for the American National meeting. This conference usually takes place annually in the second half of May.
- United European Gastroenterology Federation www.uegf.org This is the organisation responsible for arranging the annual meeting for Gastroenterology in Europe. It is usually in October/November and it moves between different European cities (October 2008 Vienna; November 2009 London, October 2010 Barcelona).
- The World Gastroenterology Organisation www.omge.org The next World Congress is in London in November 2009.