CV / Portfolio.
All trainees will be expected to maintain an up to date CV.
The CV must contain the following: -
- title of post (including grade and specialty)
- exact dates on which the post started and finished (day, month and year)
- full time or part time, if part time, state number of sessions worked per week
- duration of post, on a pro rata calculation of part time
- name of hospital or centre, with full address
- names(s) of supervising consultant (s)
- an outline of duties undertaken, including the on-call rota e.g. 1:5 for general paediatrics
Any locum, LAT or FTSTA posts should be clearly indicated as such.
For any fellowship or research period that involved both research and clinical commitments, please state the number of sessions spent in each area per week.
Any significant periods of absence from the training programme involving several weeks or months e.g. maternity/paternity leave or long-term sick leave, should be indicated stating the exact dates (day, month and year) on which the leave started and finished.
Please note that all of these details are essential; do not simply refer us to Section 4 of your application form. The College office cannot proceed with your application if this information is omitted from your CV or if it conflicts with information in Section 4.
Towards the end of your training it is better for your CV to summarise individual areas of training under the headings of General Paediatrics, Neonatology, specialty areas etc rather than list your experience under the individual hospitals.
Careers support is available.
Trainees will be expected to register with the RCPCH portfolio (Kaizen). All trainees are expected to maintain an ePortfolio and this will be assessed and marked in May/June of each year, in preparation for ARCPs. Failure to maintain an adequate ePortfolio may result in failing your ARCP and not being allowed to progress on your training programme.
Contact the RCPCH for issues with Kaizen: firstname.lastname@example.org