Dental Opportunities and Upcoming Events
Here you will find all opportunities and upcoming events for dental trainees.
Please note: You will still be required to apply for study leave using the appropriate paperwork.
Abstract submission for the 2023 JTG conference is now open!
This year's conference will be held in Sheffield from 11th - 12th November.
· The JTG Annual conference is the highlight of the OMFS Junior calendar.
· Anyone can attend, from undergraduate medical and dental students to dually qualified core trainees.
· Suitable for medical and dental students. FY, CT doctors, Foundation dentists & DCTs.
· The conference is the perfect opportunity to network with like minded individuals and meet junior trainees and students from across the UK and beyond.
· ASiT & BAOMS members can access discounted tickets
· Hands on workshops included in ticket price
· Gala dinner included in ticket price
· Why not submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation at our national surgical conference?
Every year the JTG Annual conference receives a large volume of high quality abstract submissions, all of which help to make the conference one of the highest quality trainee conferences around. Anyone can submit an abstract for an OMFS relevant project they have worked on.
Abstract Submission guidelines.
1) Abstracts should be relevant to OMFS / head and neck surgery / facial surgery / oral surgery
2) Abstract must be < 300 words.
3) Abstract should not have been previously presented at another conference or previously published
4) The first author / presenting author should be a junior trainee (i.e. not an SpR with NTN, registered specialist or consultant)
NHS Leadership Academy
Further information on the NHS Leadership Academy is available on their website, https://www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/
British Orthodontic Society
Event taking place 28 September 2023 at the QEII Centre, London - So You Want to know about Orthodontics?
Part of a programme of events in September: for more information and booking, please visit https://www.bos.org.uk/boc2023/
Perceptions of Undertaking a Higher Degree Alongside Dental Specialty Training
Dear Dental Specialty Registrar,
We would like to invite you to take part in a research project on the perceptions of undertaking/not undertaking a higher degree alongside dental specialty training. At present very little is known in relation to the number of dental specialty registrars that undertake higher degrees alongside specialty training and whether undertaking/not undertaking a higher degree has an impact on:
• Completion of Specialist Training;
• Research skills and experience;
• Patient care; and
• Career opportunities
Participation in this survey is entirely voluntary. No identifiable information is captured in the survey and all data collected are anonymous. By completing the survey, you give your consent to participate in this research.
This survey will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete and can be accessed with the following link:
DCT Careers Masterclass 2023
Eastman Dental Hospital Education Centre is proud to announce a new series of our Virtual Dental Careers Evenings starting on the 18th October 2023!
We understand that young dentists often face uncertainties surrounding available pathways and the means to pursue them. To address this, we have produced innovative Career Evenings that aim to offer holistic guidance.
Each evening will spotlight clinicians within their respective fields, who will present on their areas of expertise. Following these insightful presentations, there will be dedicated question and answer session to ensure that all your enquires are resolved, offering you a clear understanding of the options. Please follow this link to book onto these sessions.