Health Education England exists for one reason only, to support the delivery of excellent healthcare and health improvement to the patients and public of England by ensuring that the workforce of today and tomorrow has the right numbers, skills, values and behaviours, at the right time and in the right place.
The Acting Postgraduate Dean is Dr David Eadington. Dr Eadington is supported by two Deputy Postgraduate Deans (Mr Jon Hossain and Miss Sarah Kaufmann).
What do we do?
These are just a few of things we do….
- Implement the new HEE Quality Framework
- Maintain standards and improve the quality of education
- Work in an honest, fair and transparent way
- Recognise the role that learners and trainees play within the service and support educational development, research and innovation
- Encourage all learners to achieve their potential
- Support and develop trainers
- Review how multi-professional healthcare teams interact and identify opportunities for different healthcare professions to work more effectively together through education and training
- Recognise the central role of the patient, and the learner/patient relationship
- Support use of simulation and clinical skills in training
- Manage a ‘Future Leaders Programme’
- Provide leadership in the field of education and training
- Be responsive to the changing needs and values of the NHS
To contact staff working within the team please go to the A - Z Staff Directory.
HEE has three offices:
- Hull (Willerby Hill)
- Leeds (Willow Terrace Road, University of Leeds Campus)
- Sheffield (Don Valley House)
For more details go to 'Our Offices'.