Leadership Fellow - Postgraduate Medical Education
Post reference: FLP 2021 / Bid 09
Host organisation: Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Post location: Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
Eligible professional groups: Medical Specialty Trainees (ST3+), Dental Specialty Trainees (StR), Public Health Registrars (ST3+), Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) Doctors, Nurses / Midwives, Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians, Healthcare Scientists, Allied Health Professionals
Eligible Allied Health Professionals: Art Therapists, Dietitians, Drama Therapists, Music Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Operating Department Practitioners, Orthoptists, Osteopaths, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Prosthetists/Orthotists, Diagnostic Radiographer, Therapeutic Radiographer, Speech and Language Therapists
Post start date: August 2021
The successful fellow will work within the department of medical education to improve the experience of doctors in training within Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. By analysing the results of the most recent General Medical Council (GMC) national training survey, you will recognise areas of excellence and identify areas which require improvement, with the aim to improve and shape the educational development of doctors at all levels and throughout all training programmes.
- Work with the Director of Postgraduate Dental and Medical Education to keep Leeds at the forefront of medical training and improve the experience of doctors in training
- Compare the results from Leeds with other centres on a regional and national basis and interact with those institutions performing well in areas in which Leeds requires improvement
- The fellow will be able to interrogate the results of the GMC survey to develop specific areas for development which are of particular interest to them
- Design and implement quality improvement projects, using robust quality improvement methods to achieve better outcomes for medical education.
- Consider the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on training and develop learning resources to aid distance learning in the future to continue to deliver high quality training
- Create and sustain a digital network of teaching resources within the hospital using electronic notice boards such as the Padlet network and cloud-based sharing technology
Closing date: 16:00 on Fri 13 November 2020
Interview date: 16/12/2020
Application contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application instructions and to download an Application Form, please see the vacancies section on the Future Leaders recruitment website.