Leadership Fellow - Delivering surgical recovery and reducing unplanned admissions
Post reference: FLP 2023 / Bid 27
Host organisation: Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Post location: St James's Hospital
- Medical Specialty Trainees (ST3+)
- Dental Specialty Trainees (StR)
- Public Health Registrars (ST3+)
- Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) Doctors
- Nurses / Midwives
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians
- Healthcare Scientists
- Physician Associates**
- Allied Health Professionals: Art Therapists, Dietitians, Drama Therapists, Music Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Operating Department Practitioners,Orthoptists,Osteopaths,Paramedics,Physiotherapists,Podiatrists,Prosthetists/Orthotists, Diagnostic Radiographer, Therapeutic Radiographer, Speech and Language Therapists
Number of Posts: 1
Post start date: August 2023
An opportunity exists for a Clinical Leadership Fellow (CLF) to develop their knowledge and skills of working as part of an integrated healthcare team with senior members of Leeds Teaching Hospitals, the Integrated Care Board, Leeds Community Hospitals and third sector colleagues.
The goal for the year is to use Quality Improvement (QI) methodology to lead successful change in a large healthcare organisation with an aim to prevent increases in unplanned admissions as a result of deconditioning due to extended waits for planned care, with consideration to health inequalities and the impact these have when accessing care. This supports the Trust’s plan to the best for integrated care and the Health and Care Act 2022 to restore elective services inclusively.
The CLF will develop themselves, personally and professionally, to become passionate future healthcare leaders by using opportunities throughout the year to:
- work with senior medical leaders to understand their roles and leadership styles
- develop knowledge and skills in QI to support QI training and coaching to others- learn about and contribute to work aimed at tackling health inequalities in planned care
- contribute to the development of the Leeds Improvement Strategy
- contribute to other QI collaboratives across a variety of areas and gain understanding of how improvement work is scaled up across a large organisation
Interview date: 06/12/2022
Application contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For application instructions and to download an Application Form, please see the vacancies section on the Future Leaders recruitment website.
**Physician associates who are on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR) within the Faculty of Physician Associates (RCP), are eligible to apply. You should be up to date with the revalidation examination process and undertake annual appraisal.