Catherine, Julia and Geraldine are the Dental Workforce Development DCP Tutors for Health Education England, Yorkshire and the Humber. You can view their profiles here. Our role is to support the DCP dental workforce by the identification and commissioning of high quality education to meet your needs. We are also happy to give support to you by personal development planning and mentoring. The courses we currently provide include:
DCP additional skills:
We are working on a programme to provide dental nurses with formal post qualifications from the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses [NEBDN]. These currently include:
- Certificate in Orthodontic Dental Nursing
- Dental Radiography
- Sedation qualifications in 1. Certificate in Sedation 2. Award in Inhalation Sedation and 3. Award in IV Sedation.
- Accreditation is also being sought to add Oral Health to this profile.
We are pleased to offer Management courses in a variety of areas:
- Health & Safety: Risk Assessments, Auditing, Occupational H&S
- Leadership Skills for Dental Nurses
- Decontamination Lead
The DCP team are delighted to also provide extended duties in:
- Fluoride Application
- Measuring and Recording Plaque Indices
- Dental Impression Taking
We are developing education to incorporate Paediatric Dental Nursing and Minor Oral Surgery to support dental practices and organisations providing this service to patients.
As a team, other courses that are open to dental nurses include:
- Dental Photography
- Rubber Dam Placement
We are excited to enhance provision for Hygienists and Therapists in an expanding programme:
- Update in Local Anaesthetic
- Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT)
- Periodontal Therapy
- Hall Techniques
- Periodontal Classification Demystified
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Return to Work or New to Work series of 6 workshops preparing the DHT for the world of work
We would love to hear from our colleagues about any topic that has been identified on Personal Development Plans. Don’t be a stranger, please contact us with any ideas you may have for your own development and that of your team.