Leadership Fellow - Neurodiversity in Primary Care Education
Post reference: FLP 2023 / Bid 14
Host organisation: HEE Yorkshire and the Humber GP School
Post location: Based at nearest HEE office (Leeds, Sheffield or Hull)
- Medical Specialty Trainees (ST3+) NB GP trainees may be ST2 at the time of application
- Dental Specialty Trainees (StR)
- Public Health Registrars (ST3+)
- Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) Doctors
- Nurses / Midwives
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians
- Allied Health Professionals: Occupational Therapists, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists
Number of Posts: 1
Post start date: August 2023
Neurodiversity within the clinical workforce is known to be under-recognised and it's implications are slowly being understood. The fellow in this post will be engaged inleading work of significance.
The fellow will link directly to the Training Support team and will be supervised by the neurodiversity champion. Key relationships will include the Senior Management team in the GP school as well as linking with DPME's & HR/people directors across trusts in Y&H.
This is a new proposition for a leadership fellow within an exciting space which is moving at pace within our school. Possible projects include:
- Develop increasing awareness of neurodiversity among educators and trainees and its implications for clinical practice
- Develop and operationalise strategies to improve screening for neurodiversity, including overcoming cultural and practical barriers to the screening and diagnostic process
- Develop and operationalise strategic plans to better implement reasonable adaptations in the workplace, particularly in primary care where complex employment relationships may exist, developing their understanding of compassionate leadership and change management in the process.
- Consider how neurodiversity can be better accommodated within other school processes - eg ARCP or differential attainment initiatives.
Interview date: 08/12/2022
Application contact: email@example.com
For application instructions and to download an Application Form, please see the vacancies section on the Future Leaders recruitment website.