Teaching Session Bookings
The provision of the surgical skills programme requires advance knowledge of the number of attendees for each session so that appropriate numbers of models and disposables can be ordered. The facilities at each centre limit the number of trainees who can attend each session- particularly the practical sessions held in the afternoons. As such, spaces are limited and will be awarded to trainees on a first-come, first-served basis once the bookings have been released.
- All trainees will be emailed a notification when bookings for menthly sessions have been released
- You MUST ensure that you have been authorised to attend by your rota coordinator as per study leave procedure
- If you do not book a place, then consumables will not be ordered for you and you may be TURNED AWAY
- Please do not book onto more than one monthly teaching session per month. Attendance of a second session will not count towards your end of year record and will also prevent other trainees from attending.
- Please do not book onto a session that is preceded by a night shift. You will be unfit to partake in the teaching and will be breaching the Working Time Regulations.
Please allow plenty of time to travel to the teaching sites; the address of each location is clearly shown on the booking pages and a link to site map will help you get to the right place. If you are late to arrive, you may be TURNED AWAY.
Cancellation & Non-Attendance
If you book a session but are later unable to attend, please ensure you cancel your booking by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to allow another trainee to take the free place.
If you are unable to attend the session at short notice or cannot attend on the day, please contact the educational centre that is hosting the session to inform them. You should also complete a DNA Form and send this by email to email@example.com.
School of Surgery Conference 2019
Date and location to be confirmed
Core Surgery Trainees' Day 2019
Date to be confirmed June 2019, Medical Education Centre, Pinderfields Hospital