Leadership Fellow - Artificial Intelligence in Diagnostics
Post reference: FLP 2023 / Bid 58
Host organisation: Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Post location: Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield
- Medical Specialty Trainees (ST3+)
- Dental Specialty Trainees (StR)
- Public Health Registrars (ST3+)
- Specialty and Associate Specialist (SAS) Doctors
- Nurses / Midwives
- Pharmacists / Pharmacy Technicians
- Healthcare Scientists
- Allied Health Professionals: Art Therapists, Dietitians, Drama Therapists, Music Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Operating Department Practitioners,Orthoptists,Osteopaths,Paramedics,Physiotherapists,Podiatrists,Prosthetists/Orthotists, Diagnostic Radiographer, Therapeutic Radiographer, Speech and Language Therapists
Number of Posts: 1
Post start date: August 2023
The NHS aims to be world leading in the use of emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence that could assist in the backlog in elective procedures and make a difference in earlier detection and management of conditions such as cancer and cardiovascular disease.
We have an opportunity for a Fellow to make an important contribution to how AI is integrated into the NHS, whilst choosing their own focus. The Fellow will lead a specific project in an imaging or in vivo diagnostic area of their choice, focused on the practical aspects of AI selection/deployment. This may involve understanding how to identify benefits and weaknesses of a technology, critically evaluating a technology in practice, or establishing a suite of enabling activities e.g. safety assessments, training requirements, regulatory compliance. The Fellow will assess the impact of any technology on patient groups, with particular reference to health inequalities. The output of the programme will be frameworks which can be used to assess future applications and speed up their translation into safe clinical practice.
You will be mentored in your leadership development by Professor Tindale, Scientific & Innovation Director, and be able to access a range of leadership opportunities such as the HEE Innovation Fellowship and work closely with senior leaders across the trust.
Interview date: 14/12/2022
Application contact: email@example.com
For application instructions and to download an Application Form, please see the vacancies section on the Future Leaders recruitment website.