Appraisal & Assessment
Updated guidance from HEE YH - March 2020 - HEE YH has updated it's ARCP guidance for trainees. All trainees should read this guidiance to make themselves aware of the changes. To read the new guidiance, please see the Appraisals & Assessments section of the HEE YH website.
All trainees enrolled in a surgical programme in the UK are expected to undergo Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP). The requisite achievements and outcomes vary by specialty and it is the trainees responsibility to ensure that they are aware of these and make reasonable effort to achieve them. If you are unsure as to what is expected of you, or you feel there are circumstances impeding you from meeting the requirements, you should contact either your Educational Supervisor or Training Programme Director.
Broadly, trainees will be expected to:
- Attain a requisite number of Work Based Assesments (CEX, DOPS, PBA, CBD)
- Have evidence of positive feedback from colleagues (MiniPAT/TAB)
- Engage in audit
- Attend 70% (minimum) of teaching sessions
- Show evidence of academic endeavour (attend/present in conferences, publish in journals etc)
- Gain Surgical Experience consistent with specialty CCT requirements
- Present a good AES Report
This is neither an exhaustive nor exclusive list – trainees should seek clarification about their programme requirements from their Training Programme Directors.