During a trainee's sponsorship, HEE is required to undertake certain duties on behalf of the Home Office in terms of keeping training records updated for audit purposes.
Newly sponsored trainees
Trainees, employers and programme support teams must notify the local Sponsorship Team via email at email@example.com of any changes in circumstances such as;
- Home Office visa application has been refused
- Withdraws/resigns from the training programme (post appointment)
- Start date is/will be delayed (e.g. visa issues, missed flight to UK etc.)
- If the trainee did not enrol/ turn up for their first day of work as expected
All changes should be reported to the local team within five working days of the event occurring via the reporting form. This can be found and downloaded at the foot of this page.
Current sponsored trainees
Trainees, employers and programme support teams must notify the HEE local Sponsorship Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes in circumstances such as;
- Any changes in your immigration status
- If their training programme is withdrawn (e.g. is dismissed)
- Completes the training programme earlier than expected
- Changes their sponsorship/immigration category
- Has a change to the length of the programme (e.g. extended / remedial training required)
- Is deferring/taking leave from the programme (statutory/maternity leave only)
- Takes more than 10 consecutive days leave without permission OR misses x10 ‘expected contacts’**
- Takes any period of leave (sick, annual, special, maternity, paternity, partner, adoption or study leave)
- Other (e.g. name change, visa application refused but later overturned via appeal, requests to work less than full time, a suspected breach of visa conditions or any other information relevant to sponsorship).
- Applications for Inter Deanery Transfer, Less Than Full Time Training and Out of Programme
- Contact details (including address)
All changes should be reported to the local team within five working days of the event occurring via the reporting form (again, see below).
** Expected contacts include any instance where the sponsored medical or dental trainee is expected to attend a rotation, lecture, tutorial, seminar or scheduled meeting in relation to their Training Programme. If the sponsored Trainee misses an expected contact due to covering service delivery needs, it should not be counted as a missed contact.