Obstetrics & Gynaecology ST1 & ST3
Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Yorkshire and the Humber
In order to assess your suitability for this training programme please refer to the national Person Specifications on the Specialty Training website.
The expected duration of this training programme is 7 years from ST1 level, subject to satisfactory progression. The actual duration may depend on the circumstances of individual trainees.
Further sources of information
The National Recruitment Office for Obstetrics & Gynaecology is Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Responsibility for recruitment to Obstetrics & Gynaecology at ST1 and ST3 level from the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists to Health Education England (North West), all Obstetrics & Gynaecology posts in England, Scotland and Wales starting from August 2017 onwards will be recruited to via a centralised process. For further information about the recruitment process, including timelines and information about how to apply please visit the RCOG ObsJobs Website.
Details on the recruitment process and interview dates can be found here.
Health Education England working across Yorkshire and the Humber has the folllowing vacancies:
- East Yorkshire
- West Yorkshire
- South Yorkshire
All vacancy information is indicative and subject to change at any time.
East and West Localities
- The training is supported by the Yorkshire Modular Training Programme (YMTP) and the RCOG StratOG.net distance learning e-tutorials which together deliver the RCOG curriculum for core training.
- ST1 posts are for a year, rotating in August.
- ST2 and 3 are usually based in the same hospital to allow development of competences to progress to second on call.
- ST 4 and 5 rotate annually and during this time the MRCOG part 2 examination has to be passed to allow progress to advanced training
- ST 6 and 7 may rotate to other localities depending on the selection of Advanced Training Skills Modules. Annual rotation is to be expected.
- The training is supported by local teaching and the RCOG StratOG.net distance learning e-tutorials which together delivers the RCOG curriculum for core training. ST1 -4 trainees can also attend some of the YMTP.
- ST1 posts are based in the DGH
- ST2 are based at the Jessop or Doncaster which are both busy units to allow development of skills on labour ward
- ST3 posts are all based at the Jessop wing, to consolidate labour ward management with a high level of consultant presence and support from a third on call tier.
- ST 4 and 5 are all based in the DGHs, and usually rotate in August, and during this time the MRCOG part 2 examination has to be passed to allow progress to advanced training
- ST 6 and 7 will be in the DGH or the Jessop and may rotate to other localities depending on the selection of Advanced Training Skills Modules. Annual rotation is to be expected.
A list of the trusts and training locations within the training programme is provided below:
|Airedale NHS Foundation Trust||Airedale General Hospital|
|Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust||Barnsley Hospital|
|Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||Bradford Royal Infirmary|
|St Luke’s Hospital|
|Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust||Calderdale Royal Hospital|
|Huddersfield Royal Infirmary|
|Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust||Chesterfield Royal Hospital|
|Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||Bassetlaw Hospital|
|Doncaster Royal Infirmary|
|Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust||Harrogate District Hospital|
|Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust||Castle Hill Hospital|
|Hull Royal Infirmary|
|Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust||Chapel Allerton Hospital|
|Leeds Dental Institute|
|Leeds General Infirmary|
|St James’ University Hospital|
|Mid Yorkshire NHS Foundation Trust||Dewsbury and District Hospital|
|Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital|
|Goole and District Hospital|
|Scunthorpe General Hospital|
|The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust||Rotherham Hospital|
|Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust||The Sheffield Children’s Hospital|
|Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||Charles Clifford Dental Hospital|
|Northern General Hospital|
|Royal Hallamshire Hospital|
|Weston Park Hospital|
|York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust||Scarborough Hospital|
|The York Hospital|