Dental Therapy Foundation Training 2023-24
1 March - 30 April 2023
The applications for the training scheme are mapped against the person specification. All criterion must be evidenced to enable to applicant to proceed to interview.
You will receive a notification via email about the success of your application. This will be after the closing date, once we have quality assured all applications.
The applicant must:
- hold a recognised UK qualification in Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy within the last 24 months and have registration with the General Dental Council as a Dental Hygienist and Therapist.
- be enrolled at a recognised UK Higher Education Institution, in your final year of study, for a qualification in Dental Hygiene and Dental and be eligible for initial registration with the General Dental Council.
You must also meet the following essential criteria:
- Basic Life Support within the last 12 months ( or confirmation that training will be completed before the 1 September start date)
- Understanding of clinical risk management
- Appropriate level of clinical knowledge
- Clear, logical thinking, showing an analytical/scientific approach
- Good manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Ability to communicate with clarity in written and spoken English
- ability to build rapport, listen, persuade and negotiate
Management and Leadership
- Ability to prioritise clinical need
- Ability to organise oneself and own work
- Experience and ability to work in multi-professional teams
- Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
- Information technology skills
- Uses non-judgemental approach to patients and colleagues, regardless of their sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious beliefs or financial status.
- Meets professional health requirements
- Interpersonal skills (i.e. sees patients as people, empathise, work co-operatively with others, open and non-defensive, sense of humour)
- Shows knowledge of evidence-informed practice
- Shows awareness of own limitations
Tuesday, 13th June 2023
Friday 1 September 2023
Further details to follow