- You can link your FP application to that of another applicant to ensure you will both be allocated to the same UoA (YHFS) and locality scheme (East Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire), provided you are both on the primary list.
- Please note that you can only link to one other person. That person can be a partner, friend, sibling, etc. – any two applicants who want to link can do so.
- Links will not be considered if either of you accepts an SFP offer.
- Please note that only two FP applications can be linked.
- You cannot link with a military applicant, or someone applying for specialty or other medical training.
- Keep in mind that the link only allows for you to be in the same UoA and group (if used), not the same programme, employing organisation or town.
- YHFS will try to place linked applicants within an hour’s commute of each other, other UoAs may not accommodate this.
- If you and another applicant want to link your applications, you can do so in this section of the form by choosing “yes” when asked if you wish to link your application. More information will then appear, along with a box for you to type in the email address of the applicant with whom you are linking.
The process of linking works in this way:
- You must enter the email address of the person you want to link to, ensuring it is the same one they are using for the application process.
- For the link to be complete, the other person must enter the email address you are using for the application process on their application form.
- Both of you must rank all of the UoAs in the same order of preference. If you do not both do this, the link will be broken.
- You must both score highly enough to be on the primary list for the link to work. If either or both of you are on the reserve list, the link will be broken.
WARNING: The score of the lower scoring applicant will be used to allocate both linked applicants to a UoA and programme group (if used). The result of your link may be that either:
a. you will be allocated to a UoA which is lower in your order of preference than would have been the case had you not linked your application;
b. the other individual will be allocated to a foundation school lower in their order of preference than would have been the case if they had not linked their application to yours.
The link will only be honoured if:
- All the information required is provided on both of your forms.
- Neither you nor the other individual has been pre-allocated to a particular UoA on the grounds of special circumstances.
- You both score highly enough to be on the primary list.
- You have both ranked the UoAs in the same order of preference.
- Neither you nor the other individual has accepted an SFP offer; and
- There are two places available in a UoA when it is your turn to be allocated based on the lower of both scores.
IMPORTANT: You cannot un-link your application once you have submitted your application form, under any circumstances.